WHO WE ARE
Our website address is: http://www.upliftuk.org.
UPLIFT is not a legal entity as such but is hosted by the Social Change Nest, registered and regulated by the UK Companies House as a Community Interest Company. SCN will not be a processor or controller of the data that UPLIFT or its projects processes or collects.
UPLIFT is committed to protecting the personal information and privacy of everyone we work with, including our team (including employees, consultants, associates and interns), funders and website visitors. We believe you have the right to privacy on the web. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information and how it is kept secure in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and, when enacted, the Data Protection Act 2018 (UK) (together referred to as the “GDPR”).
This policy must be read in conjunction with our Data Protection Policy and our IT security policy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any booking or payment you make to us;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering your interest in one or several of our services, e.g., your email address, telephone number, purpose of the call and other personal information;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
HOW DO WE COLLECT AND STORE INFORMATION?
- UPLIFT hosts websites that use “cookies” to help personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page.
- We will use the information you provide on the petition form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.
- As reiterated later on in this document, you can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us.
- New/Mode is an advocacy and civic engagement platform that helps us activate grassroots support and reach decision-makers. We have integrated New/Mode with Mailchimp.
- If you have shown interest in any of our campaigns; by downloading our resources, or simply by calling or emailing us asking for more information, we may keep data about your contact information, your name, your organization as well as notes about your specific interests.
- We do this under the lawful basis of legitimate interest, taking on extra responsibility for considering and protecting your rights and interests, as stated by the General Data Protection Regulation.
When you access any of our campaigns (such as PAIDTOPOLLUTE) or UPLIFT’s social media:
- Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn and messaging services, you may have given these services permission to share your details with us.
- For example, if you register your interest in joining UPLIFT or one of its campaigns such as PAIDTOPOLLUTE through Facebook, Facebook may share information such as your name and email address with us but only where you have specifically consented. These other organisations may also receive and use personal data about your visit to our sites or social media. If you browse our site or social media, personal data they collect may be connected to your account on their site, e.g. “Twitter re-tweets” or “Facebook recommends”.
- You may also see our advertising online and on some social media sites if you have supported us before, or if your use of these channels suggests that you would find our campaigns relevant.
- For more information on how these organisations use personal data and to change your privacy settings on these services, please read their privacy policies, which will tell you how to do this.
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We may use your personal information to:
- send statements and receipts to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you communications relating to UPLIFT and our campaigns, which we think may be of interest to you;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- answer your questions about our campaigns
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our sites, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
- We will not sell or rent your personal data with third party organisations.
- We may share your personal data with third party organisations for specific purposes e.g. delivering to you a service in collaboration with other agencies or foundations, only after collecting your consent.
- We have a refund policy in case you make a donation in error. If you contact us within 7 days of making the donation we will return it to you within 40 days without charge.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We also depend on you to protect your information. Where required. please set up a strong password and keep it confidential. If you become aware of any breach of security, please notify us immediately.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk.
On receipt of proof of identity and a written request you may have a copy of any information that we hold about you. Please e-mail email@example.com. For further information on rights and the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
You may unsubscribe from any of our mailing lists at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any marketing email we send through mailchimp.